Ok this is one of the more strange sandwich recipes you'll see around. The poor man's sandwich combines peanut butter with some ingredients you definitely wouldn't expect: mayonnaise, onions and pickles. This is called the poor man's sandwich because obviously all these ingredients are pretty inexpensive and you could probably rustle them up easily from your own kitchen.
Here's what you need:
- 2 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 slices wheat bread
- thinly sliced pickles
- thinly sliced onion
- 1 teaspoon onion
- Adjust the amount of ingredients to your liking. If you love pickles...add a lot. Can't stand the bite of onion...just leave them out.
- Smear the peanut butter on one piece of bread
- Take your thinly sliced onion and put a layer on top of the peanut butter
- Toss some pickles on top to your liking
- Spread the mayonnaise on the other slice of toast
- Place them together and eat!
If you have the guts to try this freaky sandwich, it's pretty good. Even though the ingredients are way out there, they somehow go good together. There's a little sweet and sour chemistry goin' on with the pickles and peanut butter. And even if you don't like it you'll at least get some good laughs when people figure out what the hell you are eating.